AGENCY OVERVIEW: The Safe Center LI, Inc. (TSCLI) is the leading provider of services to victims of interpersonal violence in Nassau County. The agency provides comprehensive services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, human trafficking, and elder abuse. The Safe Center is a thought leader that seeks to develop and implement innovative interventions to meet the multifaceted needs of victims and survivors.
SUMMARY: The Grant Writer Development Assistant will work collaboratively within the Development Team reporting directly to the Director of Development. The duties of this position will include assisting in securing private grant funding by researching new opportunities, writing grants, and donor stewardship. The Grant Writer will also research and coordinate government funding applications activities and submission as requested by the Executive Director.
- Maintain/Update grants calendar and grants tracker
- Research and present new grant opportunities
- Write 10+ Letters of Inquiry/Interest/Introduction to establish eligibility and request funds.
- Prepare grant applications for agency (5-10)
- Provide support to The Safe Center directors and/or staff writing specific program grants.
- Prepare and follow-up on grant reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Research eligibility for government grant opportunities as assigned by Executive Director
- Maintain individual grant tasks and timeline spreadsheets that reflect dates forall grant proposal activities and a timeline with deadlines for information needed and who is responsible for what to finalize the submission.
- Attend information sessions on behalf of the agency and prepare reports to share back with leadership
- Gather and review all documents required for submission.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- 1-3 years previous or related experience
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and consistently meet deadlines.
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Temporary position for a total of 6 months
- 18-19 hours per week
- Compensation: $20-30 per hour
The Safe Center is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, parental or familial status, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, status as a protected veteran, military service, housing status, other non-merit factors, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Safe Center believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to providing comprehensive and quality services to the communities we serve. Our goal is to hire, promote and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, at all job levels. We encourage those with lived experiences in the communities we serve to apply.