About Acacia Center for Justice:
The objective of the Acacia Center for Justice (“Acacia”) is to expand on Vera’s work over the past twenty years in providing legal support and representation to immigrants facing deportation through the development, coordination, and management of national networks of legal services providers serving immigrants across the country. Acacia’s goals are twofold: to support immigrant legal services and defense networks to provide exceptional legal services to immigrants and to advocate for the expansion of these programs and the infrastructure critical to guaranteeing immigrants access to justice, fairness, and freedom. Acacia will focus the collective power of both Vera and CAIR on delivering accountable, independent, zealous, and person-centered legal services and representation to protect the rights of all immigrants at risk of deportation.
Acacia seeks an Operations Analyst to work with the Research, Evaluation, and Data Analytics (REDA) unit of its Unaccompanied Children Program (UCP) – a national network that provides legal information and pro bono assistance to unaccompanied children in immigration removal proceedings, both in and released from federal custody. Acacia’s Unaccompanied Children Program is responsible for managing a network of over 50 legal service provider organizations (LSPs), where the REDA unit works in conjunction with other UCP program units and subcontractor LSPs to generate research, program evaluation, reports, and data analysis organizations.
The Operations Analyst will support the REDA team by maintaining UCP’s data quality standards, liaising with subcontractors, and performing administrative tasks on projects as needed. They will work closely with members of the REDA team to uphold quality standards by engaging in regular data verification and monitoring of reporting processes; interface with subcontractor staff to set process, promote best practices, and onboard/offboard staff who interact with the program’s database; and coordinate with other program units within UCP in support of program goals.
Perform subcontractor administration for REDA systems and processes
- Onboard subcontractor and program staff to UCP’s data systems, including managing access, providing training, and distributing policy and guidance documentation
- Offboard subcontractor and program staff to UCP’s data systems, including revoking access and coordinating with program analysts on other offboarding tasks
- Provide regular training and troubleshooting for subcontractor data management staff
- Ensure documentation and internal trackers are up to date
Ensure quality control of program databases
- Run pre-built queries and reports in an analytical database to prepare datasets for verification
- Liaise with subcontractor data staff and Acacia program management staff for quality assurance of data collection systems and their contents
- Conduct iterative verification of subcontractor-inputted data between subcontractor communications and database queries
- Work closely with REDA and UCP programmatic staff to diagnose and handle outlier cases and errors in data entry
Provide Administrative Support to REDA Staff
- Assist in developing training, guidance, and policy for data collection, analysis, and reporting
- Assist in the preparation and review of regular and long-term report deliverables to government stakeholders
Carry out special projects in support of the program’s research, evaluation, and analytics agenda under the supervision of senior REDA staff
- Conduct background research in support of long-term REDA projects
- Expand on querying and other analytics skillsets to support components of large-scale REDA projects
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Relevant administrative work experience focused on client relations or customer service
- Strong proficiency in Excel or other spreadsheet software, including an ability to sort, filter, and write formulas
- Proven experience in detail-oriented tasks such as data error checking and correction
- A demonstrated interest in or knowledge of immigration and/or children’s rights issues
- Ability to work on multiple projects effectively and efficiently, both independently and collaboratively with a team
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, multitask, and work under deadlines
- Interest in gaining basic skills in querying, coding in an analytic language, and/or other analytics technology a plus
- Acacia is unable to provide H1B sponsorship at this time
- National Crime Information Center (NCIC) security clearance is required (for additional information:https://irp.fas.org/agency/doj/fbi/is/ncic.htm).[SB1]
- While this is not a current hiring requirement, this position may require Electronic Questionnaire for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) security clearance in the future to handle specific secure datasets (for additional information:https://www.dcsa.mil/is/eqip/).
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Emerging interest in the use of data for public service and/or social justice
- Familiarity with SQL and/or other data manipulation is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree + 0-3 years of relevant experience. In lieu of a Bachelors degree, applicable work or life experience may be considered
Compensation and Benefits:
Acacia has established an internal compensation philosophy that centers equity and pay transparency. The salary for this position is set at $65,000 The salary listed is just one component of Acacia’s total compensation package for employees. Supporting Acacia staff—both personally and professionally—is our priority.
- Medical/Dental/Vision- Some plans at $0 cost to the employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days per year of vacation time
- 12 days per year of sick time
- 5 personal days
- 4 organization-wide Wellness Days
- 11 observed holidays, including the last week of December.
- $2000 Professional Development Stipend
- Home office set-up stipend
- Internet Stipend
- 401k with 5% employer contribution, no employee participation required.
- Student loan repayment assistance.
- Gym Reimbursement
People of color and those who have been impacted by the criminal system and immigration system are strongly urged to apply.
Please upload a resume and cover letter at the link provided or email firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: ATTN: Human Resources / [Job Title], Acacia Center for Justice
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Acacia is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and support their retention and advancement within the organization. We are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and engaging.
As a federal contractor, and in order to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, Acacia Center for Justice is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccine before their start date. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function within our organization.
Acacia Center for Justice is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, current employment status, or caregiver status.