Who We Are
The Law Foundation of Silicon Valley (LFSV) advances the rights of historically excluded individuals and families across Santa Clara County through legal services, strategic advocacy, and educational outreach. We serve over 10,000 individuals and families each year through our Housing Program, Children & Youth Program, and Health Program. Our attorneys, social workers, and advocates use legal advocacy as a tool for social change by crafting inventive solutions to the legal issues facing low-income people in our region.
With a staff of 90 employees, we are the largest provider of free legal services in the South Bay region of the Bay Area. Our work is collaborative and meaningful and includes plenty of opportunities for professional growth. As a staff, we actively engage in discussions about race, equity, and inclusion, and are actively working towards a Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC)-centered legal services practice that incorporates community and movement lawyering.
What You’ll Do
The Legal Administrative Assistant – Health Program is a full-time position that reports to the Health Directing Attorney and Supervising Attorneys. This position is the primary administrative support for the program, requiring general computer, office, and analytical skills.
- Coordinate and participate in data entry for patients' rights and other administrative hearings, legislative advocacy, and legal advocacy
- Periodically review database data to ensure that data is completely and accurately entered, and we are on-track to meet contract/grant deliverables. Follow up with appropriate staff members if additional information/corrections are needed
- Organize data from Legal Server database for various grant/contract reports
- Provide file management support including sorting/scanning mail, case file maintenance and coordination of offsite file storage
- Take notes at meetings, draft simple letters, and file legal documents
- Create monthly patients’ rights hearing schedule according to equity rubric
- Coordinate Health Program Team meetings, trainings, retreats, and staff appreciation events
- Organize new staff training on office operations, contract standards and database entry
- Conduct intake interviews on the phone and in person with potential clients
- If bilingual, act as oral and written translator as needed
Who You Are
To be successful in this job, you will excel in the following areas:
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to exercise a high level of discretion, confidentiality, and professional integrity
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about and able to thoughtfully contribute to conversations and work regarding civil rights, social justice, and race equity
- Sensitivity to persons with mental health, developmental and other disabilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with the Health team and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; proficiency with web and digital platforms such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
What We Offer
The hourly pay rate for this role is $28.61 – 40.38. All compensation is determined by the wage table of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement between SEIU Local 521 and LFSV. Placement on the wage table will be based upon an applicant’s experience in comparable roles. Excellent benefits are provided including:
- 19 paid holidays per year
- 3-5 weeks of vacation per year
- 12 days of sick leave per year
- Up to 6 months of parental leave
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums
- A robust Employee Assistance Program that includes free/discounted mental health therapy and wellness services for employees and their dependents
- A 401(k)-retirement plan with employer contributions
- A sabbatical after 5 years of employment
- An additional monthly stipend for those who are bilingual and utilize their language abilities in the course of their job
- An annual budget for professional development
- The option to work a hybrid schedule
Law Foundation is a hybrid workplace and staff will be required to commute to our San Jose offices 2+ days per week. If staff can meet the requirements above, including commuting at their own expense, staff may live anywhere in California. Due to logistical challenges regarding taxes, insurance, and time zones, we are not able to consider staff in other states at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Law Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage people of color, womxn, people living with disabilities, older people, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people to apply. It is the policy of the Law Foundation to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, medical condition or genetic information, veteran status, national origin, disability, marital or other protected status. The Law Foundation will conform to the spirit, as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
ADA Accessible Facility - Equal Opportunity Employer - Drug-Free Workplace