Requisition No: 801673
Agency: Justice Administrative Commission
Working Title: PUBLIC DEFENDER'S OFFICE, 5TH CIRCUIT - ASSISTANT PUBLIC DEFENDER - 21003223
Position Number: 21003223
Posting Closing Date: 11/03/2023
Michael A. Graves, 5th Circuit Public Defender, overseeing a five county circuit, is seeking entry level attorneys for our Marion County office, located in Ocala, Florida (county assignment may be negotiable).
Starting salary $60,000 with generous State of Florida benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Email resume directly to John N. Spivey at email@example.com or through the People First Electronic system
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide effective and professional representation of individuals charged with criminal offenses
- Primarily handling defendants charged with misdemeanors and criminal traffic offenses
- Licensed member of the Florida Bar, in good standing
- Willing to consider CLIs awaiting Florida Bar membership
- State Group Insurance coverage options including health (premiums as low as $8.34 a month), $25,000 life policy (at no charge), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, and various other supplemental insurance options
- Enrollment in the Florida Retirement System (2 plan options Pension or Investment)
- Monthly accrual of annual and sick leave hours
- Approximately 13 paid holidays, based on our Circuit’s Judicial Holiday calendar
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS at 1-844-377-1888 on how your current benefits may be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended, or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.