The HR Coordinator supports the delivery of human resources services, implementation and maintenance of processes, including payroll, recruiting, onboarding, benefits, leave administration, HRIS data entry, employment changes, performance appraisals, job descriptions, policies and procedures, record keeping and filing. The incumbent in this position is required to complete all work in full adherence of applicable organization, HR, and payroll policies or procedures as well as state and federal requirements.
- Assist with full recruiting cycle, including posting open positions on various job boards, reviewing resumes, maintaining applicant tracking system and required documentation, conducting phone screens, scheduling interviews, checking references, and processing background checks.
- Participate in onboarding and off boarding processes and completion of associated required documentation, i.e. I-9, W-4s, direct deposits, exit interviews and termination paperwork.
- Review and ensure accuracy of timekeeping information.
- Process bi-weekly payroll after verifying timesheets, accurate pay and deductions, and report generation.
- Support benefits and leave administration including annual benefits open enrollment processes, broker and insurance carrier research and review, as well as report development.
- Reconcile monthly employee insurance premium statements, fund FSA accounts, and process 403(b) contributions.
- Track employee work-related illnesses and injuries, prepare the OSHA 300 Log, and post February 1 – April 30
- Ensure data integrity with HRIS entries, HR and payroll documentation.
- Develop, prepare and generate ongoing and ad-hoc employee data reports.
- Create and maintain employment files and HR records.
- Document core HR processes and seek opportunities to automate manual processes and identify process efficiencies.
- Assist with completion of verification of employment requests.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding benefits, human resources and payroll matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred
- Minimum two years of HR and payroll processing experience.
- Current knowledge of state and federal employment and payroll laws/regulations and human resources best practices.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience working with ATS, HRIS and payroll systems such as Paylocity.
- Outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a critical eye for attention to detail.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage time.
- Solutions focused, with the ability to exercise integrity and sound judgment.
- Adept at exploring new ideas and identifying process efficiencies.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Sedentary work that involves sitting most of the time.
- Occasional bending, squatting and kneeling.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force is needed at times to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.