About Acacia Center for Justice:
The objective of the Acacia Center for Justice (“Acacia”) is to expand on Vera’s work over the past twenty years in providing legal support and representation to immigrants facing deportation through the development, coordination, and management of national networks of legal services providers serving immigrants across the country. Acacia’s goals are twofold: to support immigrant legal services and defense networks to provide exceptional legal services to immigrants and to advocate for the expansion of these programs and the infrastructure critical to guaranteeing immigrants access to justice, fairness, and freedom. Acacia will focus the collective power of both Vera and CAIR on delivering accountable, independent, zealous, and person-centered legal services and representation to protect the rights of all immigrants at risk of deportation.
The Senior Associate, Pricing Strategy (“Senior Associate”) will have the opportunity to work as a part of multidisciplinary teams on contract procurement and management in a dynamic and collaborative environment. The Senior Associate provides project pricing management (proposals, budget modifications, review and management of fiscal contract amendments and modifications) for a portfolio of immigration programs funded by federal contracts and subcontracts.
- Lead the execution of the contract procurement and management lifecycle, from proposal to contract modifications
- Act as the key point of contact and thought partner to the Budgets & Resource Management teams and Program teams on contract pricing-related issues
- Manage the execution of contract pricing procurements, working cross-functionally with all groups including assigned Budget & Resource Management, Program team(s), External Affairs, and Legal
- Work closely with Budget & Resource Management and Program teams to create pricing proposals and modifications at the contracting and subcontractor-level
- Project manage proposal and modification submissions, supporting and working closely with assigned teams to address critical issues, manage risk, and ensure compliance to contracting terms
- Review subcontractor budgets and summarize results, escalating key issues to Budget & Resource Management Lead and Program Lead as required
- Assist with contract management-related training to personnel and subcontractors, as required
- Exercises discretion of independent judgement in the performance of work
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- 4-7 years of experience in contract/grants/financial management role
- Excellent critical thinking and independent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Self-starter; strong attention to detail, proficient at establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Capability to work in a fast-paced environment, with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Preferred 3+ years of experience in federal contract budgeting
- Remote working experience is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Associate or Undergraduate degree in Business Administration or related field
Compensation and Benefits:
Acacia has established an internal compensation philosophy that centers equity and pay transparency. The salary for this position is set at $96,000 The salary listed is just one component of Acacia’s total compensation package for employees. Supporting Acacia staff—both personally and professionally—is our priority.
- Medical/Dental/Vision- Some plans at $0 cost to the employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days per year of vacation time
- 12 days per year of sick time
- 5 personal days
- 4 organization-wide Wellness Days
- 11 observed holidays, including the last week of December.
- $2000 Professional Development Stipend
- Home office set-up stipend
- Internet Stipend
- 401k with 5% employer contribution, no employee participation required.
- Student loan repayment assistance.
- Gym Reimbursement
People of color and those who have been impacted by the criminal system and immigration system are strongly urged to apply.
Please upload a resume and cover letter at the link provided or email email@example.com with Subject: ATTN: Human Resources / [Job Title], Acacia Center for Justice
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Acacia is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and support their retention and advancement within the organization. We are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and engaging.
As a federal contractor, and in order to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, Acacia Center for Justice is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccine before their start date. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function within our organization.
Acacia Center for Justice is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, current employment status, or caregiver status.