Requisition No: 799543
Agency: State Courts System
Working Title: TRIAL COURT STAFF ATTORNEY - 22008651 1
Position Number: 22008651
Posting Closing Date: 08/01/2023
Examples of Work Performed
- Perform legal research before the court and advise judges and other members of the legal team on the facts of a case prior to the oral argument.
- Draft concise, well-researched opinions, bench memoranda and other legal documents; participate in the formation of case law.
- The candidate selected will verify cited legal authority and draft a variety of legal documents including trial briefs, memoranda and orders.
- They must keep abreast of changes in the law; review complaints, petitions, motions, or pleadings.
- This position involves interacting with other Judges, Clerk of Court staff, attorneys, law enforcement personnel, courtroom security, social services, witnesses, and the general public.
The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment for this classification.
MINIMUM Education and Experience Guidelines
Graduation from an accredited law school and membership or expected membership in the Florida Bar; Exceptional writing skills; Well-rounded understanding of many areas of law, court procedures, court systems, and judicial rules.
Additional relevant experience may substitute for college education on a year-for-year basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in a technologically driven environment with intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- Knowledge of court procedures and legal terminology.
- Must be highly organized.
- Demonstrate close attention to detail and the ability to work in stressful situations.
- Effectively prioritize assignments.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to interact with a diverse set of people in an open and friendly manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- If not a member of the Florida Bar, the selected candidate must sit for the upcoming Florida Bar Exam.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications must be received until the position is filled. Submission of an application does not guarantee the applicant an interview. Applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any of the protected classes.
If you are a person with a disability who needs any accommodation in order to participate in the interviewing process once selected, you are entitled, at no cost to you, to the provision of certain assistance. Please contact the Americans with Disabilities Act Coordinator, Palm Beach County Courthouse, 205 North Dixie Highway West Palm Beach, Florida 33401; telephone number (561) 355-4380 at least 7 days before your scheduled either in-person or telephonic interview; if you are hearing or voice impaired, call “711.”
How to Apply
For additional information and to apply visit the [15th Judicial Circuit] Judicial Circuit Court of Florida Employment website [https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/15thcircuit?page=1].
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.