Requisition No: 797021
Agency: Division of Administrative Hearings
Working Title: DEPUTY CLERK I - 72003502
Position Number: 72003502
Salary: $31,200.00 - $33,000.00
Posting Closing Date: 03/20/2023
Deputy Clerk I – 72003502
This advertisement is for a Career Service position located in the Office of Judges of Compensation Claims in Orlando, FL.
Salary: $31,200.00 - $33,000.00 Annually
The duties and responsibilities of the Deputy Clerk I may include any or all of the following job functions.
Examples of Work:
- Scans mediation settlement agreements and reports;
- Maintains final hearing orders for the JCC;
- Prepares and confirms hearings, meetings, and other JCC events on the calendar;
- Archives paper files into PDF format and electronically uploads to iJCC;
- Monitors for docket and calendar accuracy;
- Performs docket management functions as required;
- Generates Notices of pretrial and final hearing through JCC Application;
- Generates a variety of orders and motions on a daily basis;
- Checks daily e-filings/mail and process accordingly;
- Performs petition processing functions as required;
- Schedules hearings as required by the JCC;
- Answers telephone calls;
- Prepares and transmits appellate records; and
- Develops and maintains a system for tracking and monitoring deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of computer navigation;
- Ability to work and collaborate in a team environment;
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; and
- Ability to organize work and effectively manage one’s time.
Successful completion of Level 2 background screening is required for all positions with the Division of Administrative Hearings.
Support of knowledge, skills, and abilities should be demonstrated on the application, in the education, in the work experience, in the interview and/or during reference checks.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above indicated qualification and have the desired education, knowledge and experience, please submit a State of Florida Application and resume through the People First system. If you experience problems applying on-line, please call the People First Service Center at 1-877-562-7287.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the closing date.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.