About Acacia Center for Justice:
The objective of the Acacia Center for Justice (“Acacia”) is to expand on Vera’s work over the past twenty years in providing legal support and representation to immigrants facing deportation through the development, coordination, and management of national networks of legal services providers serving immigrants across the country. Acacia’s goals are twofold: to support immigrant legal services and defense networks to provide exceptional legal services to immigrants and to advocate for the expansion of these programs and the infrastructure critical to guaranteeing immigrants access to justice, fairness, and freedom. Acacia will focus the collective power of both Vera and CAIR on delivering accountable, independent, zealous, and person-centered legal services and representation to protect the rights of all immigrants at risk of deportation.
The IT Operations and Infrastructure Manager is a critical role at Acacia and will oversee the technology operations for the organization. The incumbent will be responsible for creating, managing, and improving operational processes, with a focus on all verticals not limited to strategic planning, help desk, Infrastructure, Applications, Asset management and all other technology needs, to ensure the stability and integrity of the organization’s cloud infrastructure and services. This position also ensures and maintains IT operations transparency.
- Analyze continuously the current processes, technologies, and vendors to identify areas for improvement and/ or changes.
- Oversee the maintenance and refinement of essential IT operations, including employee onboarding process, operating systems, security tools, applications, cloud servers, email systems, laptops, software, and to seek out security vulnerabilities.
- Oversee and manage current knowledge of hardware, software, and other technologies, and assist with the planning, design, research, and procurement of new or upgraded software, recommending modifications as necessary.
- Provide guidance and oversight to the team to analyze and resolve operational or infrastructure related problems in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user training when required.
- Oversee the management and support of the company’s technology assets portfolio.
- Oversee the managed service provider in the scheduling and management of system administration duties including, but not limited to installing, testing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all end-user workstations, laptops, software, and peripheral devices.
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Security and Compliance to evaluate and implement security protocols.
- Develop and execute disaster procedures and ensure maintenance of data backups.
- Other duties as identified from the execution of the overall Acacia Technology growth and improvement strategy.
- Participate in the planning and execution of the overall IT transformation strategy and annual plan for Acacia inclusive of contributing to process and identifying needs (people, process and technology).
- Recommend the best of the best technology solutions to ensure that Acacia has scalable and innovative technology solutions.
- Identify when upgrades are necessary, and continuously analyze vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for Acacia’s needs.
- Manage third party outsourced managed service to ensure proper coverage and access for all employees.
- Participate in the vendor procurement process.
- Participate in the renewal contract review with the Acacia Managing Director of IT and Security.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency with cloud database design and implementation and administration required.
- Strong hands-on technical knowledge of PC operating systems, networking software & hardware in a cloud environment.
- Experience in various web configurations, not limited to Azure Active Directory, WordPress, wireless networks, AWS database.
- Some experience with scripting, virtualization, and PC imaging.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience managing O365 and enterprise products (SharePoint, OneDrive and Exchange Online, etc.)
- Experience implementing cybersecurity controls and tools.
List of Required Software applications:
- SAAS integrations and management
- LucidChart, LucidSpark, etc or other
- Research tools for data processing, analytics, storage, etc.
- Remote Management Monitoring (RMM) Tools
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- MS Information Systems
- Certifications in VMWARE, CCNA, MCSA, MCSE or MCP strongly desired.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science or a related field required.
- 5 plus years of management experience
Compensation and Benefits:
Acacia has established an internal compensation philosophy that centers equity and pay transparency. The salary for this position is set at $118,200. The salary listed is just one component of Acacia’s total compensation package for employees. Supporting Acacia staff—both personally and professionally—is our priority.
- Medical/Dental/Vision- Some plans at $0 cost to the employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 days per year of vacation time
- 12 days per year of sick time
- 5 personal days
- 4 organization-wide Wellness Days
- 11 observed holidays, including the last week of December
- $2000 Professional Development Stipend
- Home office set-up stipend
- Internet Stipend
- 401k with 5% employer contribution, no employee participation required.
- Student loan repayment assistance.
- Gym Reimbursement
People of color and those who have been impacted by the criminal justice system are strongly urged to apply.
Please upload a resume and cover letter at the link provided or email email@example.com with Subject: ATTN: Human Resources / [Job Title], Acacia Center for Justice
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Acacia is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to recruit persons of diverse backgrounds and support their retention and advancement within the organization. We are committed to fostering a workplace culture inclusive of people with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, marital status, age, disabilities, political affiliation, religious beliefs, or any other characteristic. Our commitment to justice and diversity also means providing a work environment that is welcoming, respectful, and engaging.
As a federal contractor, and in order to ensure a healthy and safe work environment, Acacia Center for Justice is requiring all employees to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccine before their start date. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a disability/medical contraindication or sincerely-held religious belief may request an accommodation (e.g., an exemption) to this requirement.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties, responsibilities and requirements but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function within our organization.
Acacia Center for Justice is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, prior record of arrest or conviction, citizenship status, current employment status, or caregiver status.