Lone Star Legal Aid (LSLA) seeks one Managing Attorney for Program-Wide Training (job #HOU 008-2023) for its Houston Branch Office.
LSLA is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit law firm and its mission is to protect and advance the civil rights of low-income Texans by providing advocacy, legal representation, and community education that ensure equal access to justice.
Summary of Responsibilities
Lone Star Legal Aid (LSLA) seeks a Managing Attorney to help develop and implement program-wide training and training plans for LSLA advocates.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited Law School
- Licensed to practice law Texas or qualify for reciprocity
- Three (3) years successful state and federal litigation experience
- Extensive prior legal services, pro bono, or public interest experience preferred
- Experience providing services during a disaster
- Bilingual in a LSLA priority language preferred
- Experience conducting high-quality in-house training
Minimum Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to motivate attorneys and paralegals to produce high quality advocacy
- Strong oral communication and legal writing skills
- Demonstrated client service orientation
- Skilled in interviewing, assessment, problem solving and negotiation
- Strong ability to work under pressure and make decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to aggressively pursue the rights of the client community
- Energetic, motivated and self-starter
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects and project timelines
Location: Houston Branch Office
Lone Star Legal Aid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status.