Lone Star Legal Aid (LSLA) seeks one Network/Systems Administrator (Information/Technology) (job #HOU 004-2023) for its Houston Branch Office.
LSLA is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit law firm and its mission is to protect and advance the civil rights of low-income Texans by providing advocacy, legal representation, and community education that ensure equal access to justice.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Network/Systems Administrator’s role will be to manage and operate the Window Server Farm as well as the supporting infrastructure, including our MPLS WAN. The Network/Systems Administrator will be directly responsible for maintaining Active Directory, Exchange, SQL, Citrix, Terminal Services, NAS Services and Backup systems, and Print Services as well as all supporting servers. Additional responsibilities will include assisting Desktop Support staff as necessary, either in a second-tier capacity or directly with the users. The Network/Systems Administrator will also carry out implementation of hardware and software within and adhering to the established framework. Other duties may be assigned. Some overnight travel may be occasionally required.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Related Bachelor’s degree, MCSA, CCNA or equivalent experience.
Minimum Skills and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of and administration experience with Active Directory, Exchange and SQL
- Experience with Symantec Backup Exec Backup/Recovery and Archiving
- Citrix Desktop and Terminal Services, Print Services
- Experienced in monitoring and troubleshooting network performance
- Practical understanding of Windows Group Policies, TCP/IP, SMB, DNS, DHCP
- Excellent demonstrated analytical, problem solving and end user support skills
- MS Office Systems
- Legal Case Management Systems
Lone Star Legal Aid is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status.