Agency Overview: The Safe Center LI, Inc. (TSCLI) is the leading provider of services to victims of interpersonal violence in Nassau County. The agency provides comprehensive services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, human trafficking, and elder abuse. The Safe Center is a thought leader that seeks to develop and implement innovative interventions to meet the multifaceted needs of victims and survivors.
Summary: The Child Advocacy Center (CAC) is a child-friendly, co-located setting in which law enforcement, child protection, prosecution, mental health, medical, forensic interviewers, and victim advocacy professionals work together to investigate child abuse, help children heal from abuse, and hold offenders accountable. CAC staff work collaboratively with investigative and community partners to deliver trauma-focused services to children and families in need. The DSS Case Manager is a role that provides advocacy services and support to those child victims of sexual abuse, severe physical abuse and human trafficking who are involved with DSS; foster care, and CPS; ongoing, preventive, pre-adoptive and investigative units. The position requires working 2-3 days a week at the DSS building. The goal of this position is to ensure that the services needed by the child and family are client centered and trauma informed.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Orient DSS workers and families to the child advocacy center (CAC), multidisciplinary team approach, and human trafficking.
- Provide information about the criminal justice process, medical services, victims’ rights, victim compensation, and available services/resources.
- Conduct risks and needs assessment, safety planning, and crisis intervention.
- Assist families with obtaining successful linkages to medical, mental health, and other community-based services
- Facilitate case conference meetings and team discussions to support a multidisciplinary approach.
- Attend each assigned foster child’s Service Plan Review every 6 months to monitor progress and provide input.
- Utilize web-based electronic health record databases to maintain case notes and statistical records.
- Accompany the child to court appearances and meetings with their assigned ADA as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director and/or Executive Director
- Assist DSS workers in making referrals for the human trafficking program.
- At least 2-5 years of experience in the areas of advocacy, case management/casework, crisis intervention, and/or referral coordination is strongly preferred
- Experience working with trauma survivors, knowledge of dynamics of interpersonal violence, and the ability to adopt a client-centered/strengths-based approach and growth mindset is preferred.
- Spoken and written fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- One must be able to utilize the following technology: computer, fax machine, copy machine, Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, and SharePoint), and Zoom
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Position requires the use of a car and a flexible schedule
- Full-time, non-exempt (35 hours/week)
- Monday through Friday 9AM-5PM with 2-3 days at Uniondale DSS building (may need to flex time to meet program needs)
- Includes medical, dental, vision benefits and a generous paid time off package
- Mileage reimbursement provided for agency-related travel
- Position may require overnight travel to conferences/training
- Annual salary: $42,000 / $44,000 Bilingual
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Safe Center LI is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, , religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, , marital status, parental or familial status, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, , status as a protected veteran, military service, housing status, other non-merit factors, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Safe Center LI believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to providing comprehensive and quality services to the communities we serve. Our goal is to hire, promote and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, at all job levels. We encourage those with lived experiences in the communities we serve to apply.