Agency Overview: The Safe Center LI, Inc. (TSCLI) is the leading provider of services to victims of interpersonal violence in Nassau County. The agency provides comprehensive services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, human trafficking, and elder abuse. The Safe Center is a thought leader that seeks to develop and implement innovative interventions to meet the multifaceted needs of victims and survivors.
Summary: The Safe Home is a trauma-informed, strength-based, and client centered domestic violence shelter. It is a 17-bed facility for individuals and families experiencing domestic violence and in need of safe housing, which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Services provided at the Safe Home include case management, advocacy, and counseling services, as well as crisis intervention and provision of daily needs.
The Assistant Director to Emergency Housing will be responsible for the overall operations of the Safe Home and hotline (while operating out of the Safe Home) including administrative task, facility management, client, staff, and overall program management in conjunction with the supervisors of the Safe Home and hotline.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversight of program operations of the Safe Home.
- Supervision of staff.
- Facilitation of staff meetings.
- Ensuring maintenance, repairs of the home and its contents.
- Hire and training of new staff.
- Crisis intervention
- Available to be on-call and respond as needed either on the phone or in person to crisis if needed.
- Ensure compliance with New York State Office of Children and Family Services regulations.
- Answering of hotline and responding to Safe Home clients as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Combined 1+ years in the provision of domestic violence, hotline, homeless or other related services.
- Supervisory experience or other leadership experience preferred.
- Familiarity with client centered and trauma informed services preferred.
- Familiarity with facilities management preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to ensure staff coverage of the Safe Home and hotline.
- On-call for staff via phone or in person as needed during designated hours.
- Strong computer literacy and proficiency preferred.
- Candidates with BA/BS and advanced degree are encouraged to apply. Master’s degree desirable (additional years of leadership experience may substitute for an advanced degree)
HOURS, COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Schedule: Sunday through Thursday- Late afternoon/Evening Hours
- Salary: $61,000 (Additional $2000 for bilingual- Spanish preferred)
- Generous paid time off package
- Access to NationalEAP services
- Eligible for Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
The Safe Center LI is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, , religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, , marital status, parental or familial status, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, , status as a protected veteran, military service, housing status, other non-merit factors, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Safe Center LI believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to providing comprehensive and quality services to the communities we serve. Our goal is to hire, promote and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, at all job levels. We encourage those with lived experiences in the communities we serve to apply.