Position: Social Media Manager
Office: Within a Lambda Legal Regional Office
Union Status: G3 (on scale of G1-G9)
Annual Salary: $52,000- $68,000 per CBA*
Travel: This position may require occasional regional travel
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full-time
*Collective Bargaining Agreement
Regional Office Locations
- New York, NY
- Los Angeles, CA
- Dallas, TX
- Atlanta, GA
- Washington, DC
- Chicago, IL
Who We Are
Lambda Legal is a national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people, and everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education, and public policy work. Since 1973, Lambda Legal has used impact litigation and other advocacy tools to decriminalize same-sex relationships; challenge discrimination against LGBTQ+ people and people living with HIV in the workplace, in the home, in schools, in health care, and in the military; and protect LGBTQ+ families, including by winning and defending marriage equality. Clients are not charged for legal representation or advocacy and Lambda Legal receives no government funding. Headquartered in New York City, Lambda Legal has regional offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, and Washington, DC.
We believe that serving the full breadth of the LGBTQ+ and HIV communities requires cultural competency and enthusiasm for diversity of all kinds. To be successful, we must approach our work with an understanding that discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity is not the only obstacle to achieving full formal and lived equality for LGBTQ+ people and everyone living with HIV; rather, we recognize the intersectional nature of discrimination, specifically including biases based on race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, education, and class. In light of this reality, we prioritize awareness and proactive commitment to counteracting these biases and their compounding effects.
Social Media Manager
Lambda Legal is seeking a passionate storyteller who understands how social media and content uniquely drive information and action in today’s media environment. The Social Media Manager will be a part of the digital team and work cross-functionally with Development, Legal, and Communications at Lambda Legal to interact and maintain the digital community. The Social Media Manager will love writing 280 characters that is sure to trend and is one with the LGBTQ+ community, news, entertainment, and pop-culture. They will come up with innovative solutions to grow engagement on the platforms and be the “voice” for the brand on select social channels. They will be a lead for the team on social listening, reporting on trends, content creation, and conversation. Leading candidates will be social media natives, news and pop-culture junkies, love writing pithy and engaging copy, and have an avid interest in social media platforms/technology, analytics, and audience development.
The Social Media Manager is a key member of Lambda Legal’s Digital team responsible for the creative and strategic direction on social driving the storytelling initiatives of digital in support of the organization’s overall advocacy and fundraising goals. This position reports directly to the Digital Director.
- Generate innovative ideas with a particular focus on expanding Lambda Legal’s presence and community engagement across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), as well as emerging platforms (i.e., TikTok, Clubhouse).
- Work directly with the Director and Deputy Director to schedule posts throughout the day and manage the community across select platforms.
- Identify and capitalize on social media trends, pop-culture, and occasional breaking news content.
- Coordinate team administration, traffic coordination, team calendar and interactions with Communications, Legal, Video, Graphics, etc.
- Work with Digital Director and Video Producer to produce and create engaging social-forward video content.
- Work with Communications and Legal teams to ensure approved content and distribution.
- Track and report on brand’s social performance, including: ongoing insights and strategic recommendations to continually build community and increase engagement.
- Maintain social media accounts by ensuring best practices, while fostering a positive brand image for Lambda Legal.
- May include occasional or scheduled shifts that require night and/or weekend work around breaking news.
Successful candidates will welcome the opportunity to work in a racially- and gender-diverse environment and to contribute to a positive and inclusive atmosphere. Working at Lambda Legal requires a demonstrated awareness of and commitment to the concerns of the breadth of the communities that Lambda Legal serves.
Skills and competencies include:
- 3-5 years of experience managing the social media content and community for a media company or non-profit organization; news or entertainment experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to generate new and creative ideas for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Live video, TikTok, Clubhouse, etc.
- Experience creating content across all platforms, including tweets, gifs, and graphics
- Ability to write clever and/or compelling copy in under 280 characters; and demonstrate sound news and legal judgement; headline writing, or journalism experience preferred
- Great organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects with ease, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced digital environment
- Detail-oriented and ability to work across multiple teams/functions
- Experience with social media and online tools including, Sprout, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, True Anthem, Google Analytics, Google Trends, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Interest in advocacy, LGBTQ+ issues, news, and pop-culture
- Experience with Photoshop and basic knowledge of design required
- Prior work on behalf of the LGBTQ+ community and/or people living with HIV and/or experience working with other historically marginalized communities (in a professional or volunteer capacity) is preferred
Vendors and freelancers
Benefits include Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Medical Insurance (Telemedicine included), Dental Insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program – all at no cost for the employee-only premium. Employees have the opportunity to obtain additional coverage for themselves or their families including Vision Insurance at a low cost. There is also the option to enroll in a pre-tax Health Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Account, and Commuter Transit Account. Lambda Legal offers a 403(b)-Retirement Plan with a 2% contribution and up to a 4% match from Lambda Legal. Paid time off includes the opportunity to accrue up to 15 days of vacation, 3 personal and 12 sick. Lambda Legal observes 10 holidays per year and is supportive of observance of religious holidays.
Read more about Lambda Legal's work on their blog, Twitter, and Instagram.
Lambda Legal believes in creating a more equitable playing field for applicants and values the depth of relevant skills built through successful education or life or work experiences. If your background and skills are a close match for this position, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
Lambda Legal is committed to further building and maintaining a staff that reflects the full range of LGBTQ+, HIV-affected and allied communities, and is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, transgender and gender-diverse people, women, people with abilities in multiple languages, immigrants, people living with disabilities, and individuals living with HIV are encouraged to apply.