Position: Digital Content Manager
Office Location: Within a Lambda Legal office - listed below
Type: WFH - situationally WFO based on work needs
Report To: Digital Director
Union Status: G3 (on a scale of G1-G9)
Annual Salary Range: $52,500 - $59,000 per Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
Travel: This position may require occasional travel within region
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full-Time
Lambda Legal Office Locations
- Atlanta, GA
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Los Angeles, CA
- New York, NY
- Washington, DC
Who We Are
Lambda Legal is a national organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, transgender people, and everyone living with HIV through impact litigation, education, and public policy work. Since 1973, Lambda Legal has used impact litigation and other advocacy tools to decriminalize same-sex relationships; challenge discrimination against LGBTQ+ people and people living with HIV in the workplace, in the home, in schools, in health care, and in the military; and protect LGBTQ+ families, including by winning and defending marriage equality. Clients are not charged for legal representation or advocacy and Lambda Legal receives no government funding. Headquartered in New York City, Lambda Legal has regional offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, and Washington, DC.
We believe that serving the full breadth of the LGBTQ+ and HIV communities requires cultural competency and enthusiasm for diversity of all kinds. To be successful, we must approach our work with an understanding that discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity is not the only obstacle to achieving full formal and lived equality for LGBTQ+ people and everyone living with HIV; rather, we recognize the intersectional nature of discrimination, specifically including biases based on race, religion, national origin, gender, disability, education, and class. In light of this reality, we prioritize awareness and proactive commitment to counteracting these biases and their compounding effects.
Digital Content Manager
The Digital Content Manager works under the Digital Director’s direction to create, plan, and execute digital content and messaging across all digital channels and functions, including direct response. This position plays an integral role in building and elevating Lambda Legal's digital footprint by accelerating the organization through strategic and consistent content and narrative execution. The Digital Content Manager is responsible for identifying content gaps and creating and managing all the digital content on the website or social media. You will partner with key stakeholders across the organization—including the legal, development, and leadership teams to create a cohesive Lambda Legal narrative around our priority issue areas.
- Create high quality, sharable content to raise brand awareness, monitor web traffic and other metrics to identify best practices
- Work with Communications and Marketing team to prioritize and plan monthly editorial themes and campaigns
- Participate in weekly editorial board meetings between functions to identify and optimize opportunities, maintain project deadlines, and content launch dates
- Create narratives that resonate with diverse audiences; inspire through effective storytelling and written communications
- Manage digital content best practices across teams and functions, partnering with key stakeholders and regions to ensure alignment and socialization
- Drive innovation, always having a pulse on new mediums, execution tactics, and changing landscapes to drive supporter, first publishing, and engagement
- Research and stay up to date on the latest developments in terms of search engine optimization, content trends, and consumer and partner behavior
- Instruct and inform appropriate timelines for content implementation to be delivered across teams and regions
- Define global content marketing KPIs and reporting across both the qualitative and quantitative
- Ensure content is suited for target audiences, digital journey, channels, and regions
Successful candidates will welcome the opportunity to work in a racially- and gender-diverse environment and to contribute to a positive and inclusive atmosphere. Working at Lambda Legal requires a demonstrated awareness of and commitment to the concerns of the breadth of the communities that Lambda Legal serves. Skills and competencies include:
- Strategic thinker who knows how to develop, document, execute, and articulate strategy
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar digital content management role preferred
- Understanding of page templates and other digital components
- Possess strong and collaborative communication skills
- Familiarity with social/litigation impact work
- Ability to motivate donors and activists
- Detailed knowledge of current online tools and marketing trends, including SEO
- Ability to come up with creative ideas and solve problems swiftly
- MailChimp, Asana, Sprout Social
- Raisers Edge Luminate, MS Suite, Adobe Creative, Canva, Photoshop
Benefits include Short and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Medical Insurance (Telemedicine included), Dental Insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program – all at no cost for the employee-only premium. Employees have the opportunity to obtain additional coverage for themselves or their families including Vision Insurance at a low cost. There is also the option to enroll in a pre-tax Health Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Account, and Commuter Transit Account. Lambda Legal offers a 403(b)-Retirement Plan with a 2% contribution and up to a 4% match from Lambda Legal. Paid time off includes the opportunity to accrue up to 15 days of vacation, 3 personal and 12 sick. Lambda Legal observes 10 holidays per year and is supportive of observance of religious holidays.
Read more about Lambda Legal's work on their blog, Twitter, and Instagram.
Lambda Legal believes in creating a more equitable playing field for applicants and values the depth of relevant skills built through successful education or life or work experiences. If your background and skills are a close match for this position, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
Lambda Legal is committed to further building and maintaining a staff that reflects the full range of LGBTQ+, HIV-affected and allied communities, and is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, transgender and gender-diverse people, women, people with abilities in multiple languages, immigrants, people living with disabilities, and individuals living with HIV are encouraged to apply.