Requisition No: 410921
Agency: Justice Administrative Commission
Working Title: STATE ATTORNEY'S OFFICE, 18TH CIRCUIT-ASSISTANT STATE ATTORNEY-OVER MILLION - 21012561
Position Number: 21012561
Posting Closing Date: 06/30/2023
Assistant State Attorney
Office of the State Attorney, 18th Judicial Circuit Viera, FL
Annual Starting Salary: $55,000-$60,000
Location: Brevard and Seminole Counties
- Possess a law degree from an accredited law school
- Member of The Florida Bar in good standing
- Knowledge of criminal laws and procedures
- Ability to manage a high-volume caseload
- Commitment to public service and protecting the rights of victims
Summary of Duties:
- Prosecutorial criminal casework
- Conduct legal research
- Taking of depositions, interviewing of witnesses, victims, and other parties to ascertain facts of a case for prosecution
- Trial work to include case preparation for court presentation, examining and cross-examining witnesses/defendants/victims and summarizing cases for presentation for jury and non-jury trials
- Proficient management of case work
- The ability to use office computer software and equipment
- Applicant must have knowledge and ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both oral and in writing
- The successful candidate will have the ability to efficiently multitask in a fast-paced environment and present a professional and helpful demeanor
- Applicants should have Word, Excel, and Clerk database experience
Benefits of Working for the State of Florida:
- Annual and sick leave benefits
- Paid holidays and your Birthday off each year
- State Group Insurance coverage options, including health, life, dental, vision and other supplemental insurance options
- Retirement plan options; including employer contributions
- Flexible Spending accounts
- Tuition Waivers
- And more! (For more information, go to www.myfrs.com)
Apply Online. Submit resume through the People’s First website at https://jobs.myflorida.com.
The Office of the State Attorney, 18th Judicial Circuit, is an equal opportunity provider and uses E-Verify to confirm eligibility of all newly hired employees.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS at 1-844-377-1888 on how your current benefits may be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended, or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.