Requisition No: 702751
Agency: Justice Administrative Commission
Working Title: PUBLIC DEFENDER'S OFFICE, 19TH CIRCUIT- ASSISTANT PUBLIC DEFENDER - 21010791
Position Number: 21010791
Posting Closing Date: 07/20/2023
PUBLIC DEFENDER’S OFFICE NINETEENTH JUDICIAL CIRCUIT
PUBLIC DEFENDER'S OFFICE, 19TH CIRCUIT-ASSISTANT PUBLIC DEFENDER – 010791
Why watch it on TV when you can live it every day in the exciting field of criminal law! The drama of the courtroom can be a reality for you as an Assistant Public Defender in the 19th Judicial Circuit. We provide training, CLE seminars, top-rated computer and video technology, competitive salaries, full benefits and pay all overhead while you are able to focus on this exciting and rewarding field. You won’t be bored! Must be a member in good standing with The Florida Bar, license required. Visit us at www.pd19.org EEOC.
Salaries and Benefits
Starting Salary for an Assistant Public Defender $60,000
Plus the following annual benefits:
Employer Health Insurance Contribution $21,613
(Employee responsibility - $8.34/mo. for individual)
Employer Retirement Contribution $18,942
Total Annual Salary and Benefits: $100,555
- $25,000.00 life insurance policy
- Annual leave - 13 days per year, increases with length of service
- Sick leave - 13 days per year
- Paid holidays – 13 days per year
- Short-term disability insurance - paid by the State of Florida
- State retirement benefits - vesting after 8 years in pension plan or 1 year in the investment plan
- Optional employee paid supplement insurance plans available (vision, dental, cancer, hospitalization, and disability)
- Deferred Retirement Option Plan (DROP) - Applies to pension plan members, and will result in a lump sum payment of accumulated benefits, for a period of up to five years
- Deferred compensation – option of saving portion of monthly salary in a tax-sheltered account
- Opportunities to earn CLE credits and attend a variety of conferences
- Florida Bar dues paid by the office every year
Hiring for Ft. Pierce (St. Lucie County), Stuart (Martin County), Vero (Indian River County), Okeechobee (Okeechobee County)
To apply, email resume and cover letter to: Susie.email@example.com
Honorable Diamond R. Litty
216 South Second Street
Ft. Pierce, FL 34950
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS at 1-844-377-1888 on how your current benefits may be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended, or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.