Agency Overview: The Safe Center LI, Inc. (TSCLI) is the leading provider of services to victims of interpersonal violence in Nassau County. The agency provides comprehensive services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, human trafficking, and elder abuse. The Safe Center is a thought leader that seeks to develop and implement innovative interventions to meet the multifaceted needs of victims and survivors.
SUMMARY: The Safe Center, LI Inc. is seeking a part-time Community-Level Prevention Specialist to implement community-based initiatives focused on prevention sexual violence. Under the supervision of the Director of Education, this staff person works in partnership with other team members of the Rape Prevention and Education grant.
The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to develop, implement, and coordinate community level sexual violence primary prevention programs and foster collaboration with community partners (e.g. schools, nightlife establishment, coalitions, policy-makers) through outreach and engagement. The Community-Level Prevention Specialist will help build a community that aims to reduce sexual violence by engaging community members as partners to increase awareness, change social norms, and create sustainable policy and environment change across Nassau County.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement primary prevention goals and objectives in Nassau County.
- Collaborate with community members and leaders to increase partnerships and coalition building dedicated to implementing and sustaining sexual violence primary prevention strategies.
- Promote awareness that sexual violence is a preventable public health problem.
- Develop community partnerships and strategic relationships to reduce sexual violence rates.
- Deliver prevention education, training, and outreach programs to various constituents and facilitate coalition-building activities.
- Attend meetings with collaborative partners as well as other networking meetings as requested
- Support with program deliverables.
- Meet regularly with RPE Program Coordinator for scheduling and planning.
- Other duties/tasks as assigned
- Education background in public health, social work, or related fields.
- Understanding of primary sexual violence prevention.
- Understanding of community-level prevention and the socio-ecological model.
- Experience working in community engagement or community organizing.
- Ability to effectively facilitate meetings and prevention education or training.
- Experience building partner relationships across different fields
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- 15 hours per week. Times/days may vary according to program needs including weekends and evenings as need
- Salary: $19,600
- Mileage reimbursement for agency related travel
The Safe Center is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, , religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, marital status, parental or familial status, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, status as a protected veteran, military service, housing status, other non-merit factors, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Safe Center believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to providing comprehensive and quality services to the communities we serve. Our goal is to hire, promote and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, at all job levels. We encourage those with lived experiences in the communities we serve to apply.