Agency Overview: The Safe Center LI, Inc. (TSCLI) is the leading provider of services to victims of interpersonal violence in Nassau County. The agency provides comprehensive services to victims and survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse, human trafficking, and elder abuse. The Safe Center is a thought leader that seeks to develop and implement innovative interventions to meet the multifaceted needs of victims and survivors.
SUMMARY: The Safe Center LI, Inc (TSCLI) is seeking an Education Coordinator who can provide education on healthy relationships and partner abuse prevention for all ages. The Education Coordinator reports to the Associate Director and Director of Education.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide education on healthy relationships and partner abuse prevention for high school students.
- Perform outreach to Nassau County schools to forge and maintain alliances and book Safe Dates educational sessions for high schools throughout the county.
- Maintain high school education schedule and do all relevant documentation for workshops provided on a regular basis.
- Work as part of the Education Department, providing support and assistance to the Director of Education, the Associate Director of Education and other Education Coordinators.
- Providing education and training support for other staff from The Safe Center regarding the Safe Dates program and healthy relationships.
- Any other tasks assigned the supervisor or Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Education, Public Health or related field
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suit (Excel, Word, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience with public speaking preferred
- High level of attention to details, ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced team environment.
- Proficient in English and Spanish preferred
HOURS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- 21 hours per week with possible flex time for speaking engagements.
- Reliable transportation required.
- Limited overnight travel, evenings or weekend days may be required
- Medical, dental and vision benefits offered
- Generous PTO policy
- Salary Range: $23.76 per hour
The Safe Center LI is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, , religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, , marital status, parental or familial status, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, , status as a protected veteran, military service, housing status, other non-merit factors, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The Safe Center LI believes that diversity and inclusion are critical to providing comprehensive and quality services to the communities we serve. Our goal is to hire, promote and retain a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, at all job levels. We encourage those with lived experiences in the communities we serve to apply.